Trick-or Treating Hours
ACADIA PARISH - Trick or treating in the unincorporated areas Acadia Parish will occur on Monday, Oct. 31, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., according to Sheriff K.P. Gibson.
“We ask that measures be taken to protect our youth and parents,” Gibson said.
The sheriff recommends (and these recommendations hold true whether in the rural parts of the parish or within incorporated municipalities):
• Drivers of motor vehicles should drive with caution and know your surroundings as children are simply seeking candy and may be distracted;
• Parents need to maintain reflective strips on costumes and/or utilize flash lights to help drivers identify children / groups;
• Only seek candy from residences which have their lights on. Some people choose not to participate in trick-or-treating and they will normally keep their lights off to indicate that. Please respect their decision to not participate;
• Parents should inspect candy before allowing their children to eat it. Unwrapped or opened candy should be discarded for safety; and
• Trick-or-treat in an area / community you are familiar with for safety purposes.
In Rayne trick-or-treating will be observed from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. the city-sponsored Fright Fest will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Rayne Civic Center.