Possession, distribution charges filed in recent narcotics arrests
Deputies with the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office are continuing their attack against the illegal narcotics industry within our parish, according to Sheriff K.P. Gibson.
“Our deputies have been working to make cases against those involved in illegal narcotics. Distribution cases as well as street level activity has been a focus and will continue to be our focus” said Gibson.
Recent arrests include:
• Rives Lavergne III, 25, of Crowley, was arrested by deputies for possession of methamphetamines.
• Chad Meaux, 36, of Crowley, was arrested during a traffic stop. During the investigation, Meaux was discovered to be in possession of and charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, possession with intent to distribute heroin, possession with intent to distribute a Legend drug, transactions involving proceeds from controlled dangerous substance and illegal carrying of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance.
• Brandon Wise, 39, of Mermentau. was arrested after allegedly distributing narcotics and a search warrant was served on his Mermentau residence. Wise was booked into the Acadia Parish Jail for distribution of oxycodone, possession with intent to distribute oxycodone, possession with intent to distribute marijuana and transactions involving proceeds of a controlled dangerous substance.
• Melanie Sarver, 36, of Crowley (photo not available), was arrested on warrants for distribution of methamphetamines and distribution of heroin.
• Christopher Savoy, 37, of Crowley, was arrested while being served an active warrant. During his arrest, Savoy was discovered to be in possession of synthetic marijuana. He was charged with possession of synthetic marijuana, resisting arrest and an outstanding warrant.