Routine agenda on tap for Police Jury
A fairly routine agenda will face members of the Acadia Parish Police Jury when they meet in monthly session tonight.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. in the third-floor meeting room in the courthouse.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, only 20 guests will be allowed in the meeting room.
The agenda includes:
• Anthony Manuel to speak on behalf of Bulk Waste pickup issues.
• Tim Villemarette to speak on behalf of the Fourth Ward Drainage District #1.
• Reappoint Pat Schultz, Roger Leger and Carl Hetzel to the Fourth Ward Drainage District #1 Board and appoint Robert Clayton to replace Jerryl Thomspon on the voard.
• Reappoint Donald Higginbotham, Carl Johnson and Greg Thibodeaux to the Bayou Plaquemine & Wikoff Drainage Board.
• Reappoint Richard Hebert, Jeffery Murrell, Gerald Regan, Brandon Leger and Calvin Sensat to the Egan Drainage Board.
• Reappoint Barry Lacasse to the Iota Long Point Gravity Drainage Board.
• Authorize the president to sign an ordinance setting a 25 MPH speed limit on Sally Road (District 3).
• Authorize the president to sign a resolution to add a clause to impose an early termination fee for lessee for LeGros Airport Leases.
• Authorize the president to sign a resolution to adopt the CWEF grant for potable water improvements.
• Authorize the president to sign a resolution to adopt the DRC Emergency Services bid proposal of $4,072.02 per cubic foot for Pre-event Contract Debris Removal.
• Authorize the president to sign a resolution to adopt the CARES Act Grant for reimbursement during the COVID-19 pandemic at LeGros Airport.
• Authorize the president to sign a resolution to submit and execute grant applications to aid in the financing of mitigation, emergency management, disaster response and coastal restoration preservations.
• Recommendations of the Solid Waste Committee:
- Discuss with possible action, the purchase of a new grapple truck(s) for the Landfill. Bids approved by the Committee was Covington Sales & Service: $206,500 for one truck; $413,000 for two trucks.
- Discuss with possible action, the lease of new equipment to replace two 250DWDW Atriculated Dump Trucks, 750K Crawler Dozer Winch Rear, and 250GLC Excavator Hydraulic. The Committee agreed to go with Doggett (John Deere) of Baton Rouge.
• Recommendations of the Legilsative Committee:
- Call for a public hearing to adopt an ordinance for golf carts on Parish roadways.
- Call for a public hearing to adopt an ordinance on demolition of buildings.
- Public meeting announcement for special election on Dec. 5, 2020,, for the renewal/continuation of the ad valorem tax.